Have you been thinking of making some of the best mouth watering cakes that have a classic and an age old touch to it? Do you want to impress your guests with dessert cakes that will make them smack their lips? Try out some of these easy to make cake recipes prepared by Grandma’s with love and affection.
- Butter (softened) -3/4 cup
- Sugar- ¾ cup
- All purpose flour- 1 cup
- Eggs- 3 (lightly beaten)
- Vanilla extract- 2 teaspoon
- Self-rising flour- 1 ½ cup
- Milk- ½ cup
- Softened butter- 1 ½ tbsp
- Powdered sugar- 150 grams
- Orange juice or milk – 1 tbsp
- Orange zest – finely grated
- The first basic thing for any cake baking is to preheat the oven at 350ºF or 175 to 180 degrees C.
- Take a deep 8 inch round cake tin and apply butter evenly on the base and the sides of the tray. Dust all purpose flour on the base and sides and remove the excess flour.
- Take butter, sugar and vanilla extract in a large bowl and beat it using an electric mixer. The mixture has to be creamy and light.
- Add beaten eggs to this mixture in two parts and make sure you beat the mixture with every addition.
- Now add flour little by little and fold the ingredients together with the help of a spatula. Also add milk to this mixture and fold gently.
- Transfer the cake mixture into the tin and smooth the top surface.
- Bake it in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, sift the icing sugar and add butter, orange zest and mix the ingredients gently. Add milk to it so that the mixture becomes thick. Spread this icing on top of the cooled cake and cut them into wedges.
If you love to try out modern cake recipes, then Visit This Link to know all about ‘The Perfect Frosted Layered Cake.’
Coconut pound cake
- Butter (softened) – 1 ½ cup
- Milk- 1 cup
- Eggs- 5 numbers
- Sugar- 2 cups
- Baking soda- 1 tsp
- Cream of tartar- 2 tsp
- Sifted all purpose flour- 4 cups
- Coconut (scraped) -4 tbsp
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl till it becomes a stiff froth.
- In another bowl, add butter and sugar and beat till it becomes light and creamy. Now add the beaten eggs and the milk and beat in medium speed.
- Slowly add the flour little by little and fold it into the creamy mixture. Finally add half the coconut and mix well into the mixture.
- Transfer the cake mixture into a prepared cake tin till it is more than half covered with the mixture.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 180 degrees C for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle it with remaining grated coconut. Cool it and then cut into wedges.
Grandma’s Cake Recipes that is full of love, goodness and flavor.