If it is winter time and you are thinking of taking some mouth watering chicken dishes to keep you warm, then you can try out these special chicken recipes for dinner.
Chicken Noodle Soup
A nice hot soup is loved by everyone during the winter. Then, why not try the easy to make chicken noodle soup.
- 2 small chicken thighs (bone-in)
- 2 small drumstick chicken pieces (bone-in)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ large onion
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery stalks with leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4 cups water
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 ounces egg noodles or cut pasta
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Take a large pot and add olive oil to it. Add the chicken pieces in the pot.
- Add salt to taste and cook till the chicken browns.
- Add a half inch chunk of cut onions, carrots and celery stalks to the pot. Smash the garlic cloves and then add it to the pot.
- Stir for ½ a minute and then add 4 cups of water. Now add bay leaves, salt and pepper and allow the pot to boil.
- Cook till the meat separates from the bone. Now add the celery leaves.
- Once the chicken gets separated from the bone, add the noodles or pasta to the boiling water.
- Taste the noodles after 5 minutes and turn off the heat once it gets tender.
- Remove the bones and the bay leaves from the soup.
- Transfer the chicken noodle soup into soup bowls and drink hot.
If you want to try some low calorie foods this winter, then you can read this article Low Calorie Dinner Recipes to Keep You Warm this Winter, by clicking the link.
Chicken Pot Pie Using Chicken Soup
This is a classic pot recipe that will help you to stay warm during winter. This recipe is for six servings.
- 3 cups of mixed vegetables (cut in uniform size)
- 3 cups of cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup small onions (whole)
- 300 ml of cream of chicken soup (canned)
- 1 teaspoon of poultry seasoning
- ¾ cup of light cream or milk
- 3 ounces softened cream cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 double crust pie pastry
- 1 slightly beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- First, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Take a large saucepan; add chicken, soup, mixed vegetables, onions, soup, cayenne pepper, garlic salt and poultry seasoning. Boil this mixture till it develops froth. Stir regularly.
- Now add the cream cheese and stir till it melts. Cover the saucepan so that the pan is warm.
- You should now flatten the double crust pie pastry on a flour dusted table. Make the pastry into a rectangle using a roller pin.
- Transfer the prepared chicken mixture onto a non greased rectangular baking dish. Place the rolled out rectangular pastry on top of the chicken mixture.
- Use a fork to press the pastry along the edges so that the food is sealed.
- Combine egg and water in a small bowl and add the egg mixture on top of the pastry.
- Put the baking dish in oven and bake for 30 to 45 minutes till the pastry turns golden. Cut into pieces and serve hot.