- 2 Active dry yeast packages
- 1/3rd cup of warm water
- 1 cup of warm milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (large)
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 5½ – 6 cups of flour (all purpose)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and place them in a large bowl. Put- ½ cup sugar, butter, eggs, 3 cup flour, and salt. Beat them with medium speed and continue till it becomes smooth. Add sufficient flour and stir so that it turns soft. Ensure that the ingredients that are being purchased for making the cake are not expired and they are fresh. One added tip is to get them just beforehand from the stores and put them to bake immediately.
- Turn the dough on a floured surface, knead it until it becomes elastic and smooth, it would take 6 to 8 minutes. Take a greased bowl and put the smooth and elastic dough in it, turning once to grease the top. Then, cover the same with a wrap made of plastic for about an hour so that it rises to double. Make sure do not leave it to knead for a long time as the consistency of the dough might be affected.
- Now, mix the left cinnamon and the sugar. Hit the dough down and then onto a lightly floured surface and divide it into the halves. Make a roll of each portion into a rectangle with 18×8-inch then, sprinkle each rectangle with about ¼ cup cinnamon sugar into a ½ inch of edge. Roll it up into jelly-roll style starting from the shorter side and seal with a seam. Place in 2 greased loaf pans of 9×5 inch and seam side down. Ensure that the rolling up process of the cinnamon swirl bread is perfect and does not involve any breakages in between. Make sure that the bread is not heavy with the cream because that can increase its chances of getting breakages while rolling.
- Now, cover it with the towels from the kitchen and let the rise take place until double of the initial size is achieved. This would take around 90 minutes. Heat the oven beforehand for about 350 degrees.
- Bake it till it gains golden brown shade for about half an hour. Make sure it is removed and cooled afterward. After cooling, it is ready to be served. You can also have side creams to go with the consumption of the bread, as they provide a great combination.
- One can also add vanilla extract to the swirl bread for giving a different tinge of flavor.
- The swirl bread is best when consumed fresh.