- Butter at room temperature – 1 cup
- Powdered Sugar – ½ cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 cups
This is a “3, 2, 1 recipe”, now let me tell you why is this known as a 3, 2, 1 recipe, that’s because it is mainly made up of three ingredients and that too in the ratio of 3part: 2part: 1part, these three main ingredients of the recipe are flour, which makes the third part then the butter that is the second part and then lastly the sugar that makes the first and for those who are not fond of eggs, it’s a good news for you, there will be no eggs in sight.
- Prepare your baking tray with parchment paper on it and heat the oven to 350℉. Blend together the sugar and butter in a bowl and pulse it thoroughly to turn it in a fluff.
- Mix some flour in it to make it fluffy. Roll the dough in powdered sugar to make a 2-inch log. After rolling the dough in plastic wrap, freeze it for 30 minutes.
- Now take the dough out and slice it into ¾ inch thick rounds and bake them for 16-18 minutes, till they turn brown. Let them rest to cool a bit and then transfer them to a cooling rack. The cookies can be contained in an airtight container for 3 days.
- You can dust your cookies with confectioner’s sugar using a sieve to spread it properly.
- Extra added salts can affect the taste of the butter so avoid using them to them an extent.
- Keep the thickness the cookies in mind cause if they are very thick they won’t be baked properly.
- Keep the time of baking the cookies limited, excessive cooking can deteriorate their taste.