- 10 slices of brown bread
- 3 cups of milk
- 3 large size eggs
- ½ cup of fresh cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons of chopped berries or nuts of your choice
- 1 cup of castor sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoon of custard powder
- Take the slices of brown bread and cut out its edges. Now, crush them using your hand and put them in a mixing bowl. Add milk, fresh cream, custard powder castor sugar, vanilla essence, and butter. However, make sure that the milk is lukewarm. Take a spoon and mix it properly. Make sure that there are no lumps in the mix.
- The next thing you need to do is separate the egg yolk from the egg whites. Now, add the egg yolk to the bread mix you have prepared. Blend it lightly using your blender. In case you do not have a blender, you can use a whipping spoon for this.
- Add some chopped berries or nuts of your choice to your mix and combine it properly. However, nuts are optional. Take a baking dish and grease it using butter. Pour the mixture of bread and eggs on to the dish. Place the dish in the oven. Set the temperature to 180-degree centigrade and bake it for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, take the egg white and whisk it till it forms peaks. You can use a hand blender for this purpose. When the pudding is done, take it out and put the egg white on it. Make sure that you spread it evenly. Now, put the dish back in the oven.
- Set the oven at 150 degrees centigrade and bake it for 12 minutes or until the egg white appears golden brown in color. Take it out of the oven and cut it into pieces. Top it up with whipped cream or ice-cream before serving. You can also serve it with wafer if you want.
- Instead of using butter, you can use vegetable oil. However, this will cause a difference in taste. The pudding can also be served with salted caramel. For that, you will have to prepare the caramel separately.