- 1 medium-size sweet potato
- 1 large size potato
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- 1 teaspoon of ghee
- 1 lb. of chopped sausage
- 1 lb. of sliced mushroom
- 1 sliced red onion
- 12 large size eggs
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Firstly, take a pot; put the sweet potato and the potato. Fill up the pot with water. Put it on high flame and bring it to boil. Now, lower the heat and cook the potatoes. Take out the potatoes from the flame when it is soft enough. However, make sure that it doesn’t fall apart. You will have to drain the water and keep it aside for the potatoes to cool down. If you want, you can put it in your refrigerator. When it is cold, take them out, peel and grate.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place a large frying pan over medium heat and pour ghee and oil. Allow the ghee to melt and then add the boiled potatoes that you have grated. Keep stirring while it cooks. It should not stick to the bottom of your pan. Cook it till you notice crispy and dark spots on this hash brown. Put off the flame and transfer it to a casserole of 9×11 inches. Press the mix with your finger to make an even crust.
- Take the pan used for frying the potatoes and add the sausage. Cook them till it attains a brown color or for ten minutes. When it is done transfer it to the casserole where you have put the potatoes. Now, add mushrooms to the same frying pan and cook them for ten minutes or till it is brown in color. Take them out of the heat and transfer them to the casserole, too. Make sure that it forms an even layer.
- It is time to cook the onion. Add it to frying pan and cook it for five minutes or till it is golden brown and soft. Now, add spinach to the frying pan. Cook it till it wilts. When it is done, transfer this to the casserole and mix it gently. When you add each layer, make sure that you do not spoil the crust or disturb it.
- Take a large mixing bowl and whisk the eggs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add it to the casserole. Now, mix it. Put the casserole in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or till you notice the casserole setting in the center.
- This is a paleo and gluten-free recipe.
- If you want, you can prepare the mix beforehand and store it in the fridge. All you have to do is take it and bake it freshly in the oven.