If you are looking at a different cake recipe other than the cakes made using chocolates, cherries, blueberries, etc., then try out This Yummy Carrot Cake.
The recipe that you will find below is a simple one to make a two layer carrot cake that has cream cheese frosting and also has pecans. If you are looking to surprise your kids on their birthdays, why not bake a carrot cake instead of the regular flavored birthday cakes. This carrot cake is a super soft cake that your kids will love to eat. This carrot cake boasts of great flavor and it is quite moist.
For the cake
- 2 ½ cups of refined flour
- 2 tsp of baking powder
- 4 large sized eggs
- 1 tsp dark vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 to 5 large carrots (grated)
- 2 cups of quality chopped pecans
- 1 ½ cups of dark brown sugar
- ½ cup of white sugar
- 240 ml of refined oil
- ¾ cup of applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp each of cloves powder and nutmeg powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ tsp of salt
For cream cheese frosting
- 450 grams of cream cheese (with full fat) at room temperature
- 115 grams of unsalted butter or cooking butter at room temperature
- 480 grams of white sugar
- 2 to 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp of pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Before preparing the cake mix, preheat the oven at 149ºC. Place a baking sheet on top if a silicone baking mat and roughly spread out the chopped pecans on the sheet.
- Place it oven and toast for 6 to 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow it to cool aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC. Grease the butter and then dust flour on two 9 inch cake baking pans.
- Take a large bowl and add dark brown and white sugars, oil, eggs, vanilla extract and apple sauce into it. Beat the mixture using an electric beater until there are no lumps seen.
- In another bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients of the cake mix.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredient’s bowl little by little and fold the mixture using a spatula. Make sure that both the ingredients get combined together well.
- Finally, fold in the carrots into the cake mix and then add a cup of the roasted pecans.
- Divide the batter equally into the two baking pans and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes or till cake is done. Remove and allow it to cool to room temperature.
- In another bowl, put the cream cheese and butter and whisk till it becomes smooth. Add cream and vanilla extract and salt and beat on high for 2 minutes. The cream frosting is ready.
- One the serving plate, place one layer of carrot cake and cover the top of it with frosting.
- Place the next cake layer on top of the frosting and then apply the remaining frosting on the 2nd cake top layer.
- Apply frosting on the sides of the cake also.
- Add the roasted pecan on the frost and the carrot cake is ready to serve.