Are you bored of the same old chocolate or vanilla sponge cakes are on the lookout of trying something new and a little more complex, and then here is a recipe for you. The carrot walnut cake will definitely please your taste buds and the recipe is something you enjoy preparing. Plus, with the addition of carrots, your kids will definitely enjoy the cake and it will be gone from their plates in no time. This is a great way of serving carrots for kids, because more often than not, will you find children avoiding veggies. Making a dessert from carrots is much better than preparing savory dishes, especially if kids are taken into consideration. This Carrot and Walnut Cake Recipe is a must try and is quite simple to follow.
- You will have to take 3 cups of all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of finely grounded cinnamon
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 4 medium sized eggs
- 1 cup of white sugar
- A cup of raisins
- 4 cups of finely grated carrots
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extracts
- Half cup of butter
- 1 and 1/3 confectioners’ sugar
- The prep time of this recipe is somewhere around 30 minutes and the cook will be somewhere around 1 hour.
- The first thing you need to do is preheat the oven is 350 degrees Fahrenheit and or 175 degree Celsius.
- Next, take a 10 inch pan and grease it with butter, and dust flour on it.
- Now sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the powdered cinnamon and keep it aside.
- Now taking a medium bowl, cream in it together, brown sugar, white sugar and one cup of butter. Next, stir in it some orange juices and eggs.
- Now add the sifted mixture to it and mix it all well, finally take the walnuts and sprinkle them into this mixture and start folding it carefully. Add the raisins and carrots and continue folding it again.
- Next, take a pan and pour the entire batter on it, and bake for at least one hour in the preheated oven. Check the cake from time to time by inserting a knife in it. In case the knife comes out clean the cake is ready to take out of the oven.
- Cool the pan, for at least 10 minutes before you invert it on a wire rack. Now you will have to prepare the frosting while the cake cools down.
- Take a nice wide, medium sized bowl and beat together the vanilla, cream cheese, half a cup of butter and confectioner’s sugar until it is nice and smooth. Make sure there are no sugary lumps in the mix.
- Spread the frosting on the carrot cake evenly and let it set properly before serving. A nice thick layer of the frosting will add to the flavor of the cake. For more such Delicious Recipes Click Here.