The Christmas season is fast approaching and many of you will be looking for simple Christmas cake recipes to try this year. Here are some cake recipes which will not give you much trouble in making them and that will be delicious and lovely.
The Cherry Cake
If you don’t want to make fruitcakes you can opt for this cake with cherries and raisins and other easily available ingredients.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 10 ounces of golden raisins
- 8 ounces of halved cherries
- Take a 9×5 inch loaf pan and line it with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 3000 F or 1500
- Mix butter and sugar till it is creamy and light.
- Beat the eggs well and add it to the butter sugar mixture along with orange juice.
- Sift together flour and baking powder keep aside 1/3 cup of flour mixture.
- Add the remaining flour to batter and blend it well.
- Toss the cherries and raisins in the flour kept aside so that it will not to the bottom of the cake while baking. Add the raisins and cherries to the batter and mix.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake for 2- 1/2 hours. You can serve the cake after a few days.
- Keep the cake wrapped in foil or plastic wrap and store in sealed container.
Red Velvet Cake
This cake with frosting will be great one to celebrate the Christmas season. You can find “How to Make Delicious Chocolate Cupcake?” by clicking this link.
- 2 ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 ½ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ cup shortening
- 2 ounces of red food color
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 5tbs all –purpose flour
- 1cup milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1cup butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Take two 9” baking pans and preheat the oven to 3500 F or 1750
- Mix cocoa powder and food color to make a paste and set aside.
- Mix buttermilk, salt and 1tsp vanilla and set aside. Take a large bowl and cream together 1 ½ cup sugar and shortening until fluffy and light.
- Beat in the eggs one by one and stir in the cocoa-color mix. Add buttermilk mixture and flour alternately and mix till incorporated. Add vinegar and baking soda and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the pans and keep the pans in the pre-heated oven for 30minutes or till the toothpick inserted into it comes out clean. Cool before frosting and keep refrigerated.
- To prepare icing, take a sauce pan and mix together 1cup milk and 5 tbsp flour. Cook over low heat, stirring continuously. When the mixture thickens, keep aside to cool. In a bowl, mix 1 cup butter, 1 cup white sugar and 1 tsp vanilla till it is creamy and light. Add the cooled milk-flour mixture and beat till it reaches spreading consistency. Spread the icing on the cooled cake.