Chocolate cakes are the best kind of cakes and everyone has their own unique way of preparing them.
The sumptuous and deliciousness of the chocolate ensures that we are treated with some delicious cake which is soft, gooey and has some spectacular flavor which makes us crave for more. Every distinct baker adds their own personal touch to their cakes, but if you are someone who is taking baby steps in the path of baking cakes, here is a chocolate cake recipe which is going to blow your socks off.
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 1 and ½ cups of all purpose flour
- 2/4 cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 and ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 teaspoons of vanilla extracts
- 1 cup of boiling water
- ¾ cups of butter
- 5 and ½ cups of confectioner’s sugar
- Another 2/3 cup of milk
- First up you will have to preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- Now take a 9 inch pan and grease it with some butter and sprinkle some flour in it.
- Now take a medium sized bowl and mix together sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa.
- In the same bowl, add eggs, milk, 2 teaspoons of vanilla extracts and oil and mix it well for at least three minutes. You could use an electric mixer for this step, so that the mixture is well blended.
- Now add in some boiling water to this very mixture and pour it evenly on the on the pan we had prepared in the first step.
- Bake the cake for around 30 to 35 minutes. Keep checking in on it from time to time, and run a knife through it to check whether it is fully cooked or not.
- Once the cake is cooked, take it out and let it cool down for the least of 10 minutes and then remove it from the pan.
- Now we are left with the frosting. Take the cream and butter and mix it well, till it is nice and fluffy in texture. Now add in the cocoa powder along with the confectioners’ sugar.
- Mix well and add in the milk along with 1 teaspoon of vanilla extracts. Beat the mixture till the consistency is thick enough to be spread on the cake evenly without being too runny of too thick.
- Now, after the cake has been cooled down, split it horizontally, and add icing to the central layers of the cake. This will ensure that the amount of icing makes the cake really sumptuous and melt-in-mouth. Cover the top of the cake with icing and make sure it sets really well. Serve the cake with an extra dollop of icing so that everyone enjoys it. Alternatively, you could add some dark chocolate shavings to it to add some texture to it. For a Mire Unconventional Cake Recipe be sure to Check Here.