- Bourbon whiskey 12 ounces
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice 4 ounce
- Maple syrup 4 tbsp
- Ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon
- Stewed cinnamon stick (4)
The recipe is very easy to make and is full of freshness from the lemon and the bourbon. The sourness of the whiskey will give you a whole another tangent of drinking you whiskey the cinnamon way. You can make this in your parties especially in winters.
- Firstly take a large mason jar or a cocktail shaker and fill it ¾ with ice cubes. If you want you can also crush your ice roughly and then fill it up to the level in the jar.
- Pour in the whiskey first and shake it for some time. Now add lemon juice and only a part of maple syrup and shake it again.
- Add maple syrup gradually bit by bit as it will ensure not too much maple syrup. It will turn your drink on the sweeter side. Now add cinnamon and shake all the ingredients well.
- Now fill the glass with three ice cubes each. Pour over the drinks up to the level of the ice cubes. Garnish it by adding one cinnamon stick per glass.
If you want your drink to be on a lighter side, by which you don’t get high or dizzy go for two tablespoons of spritzer water to each glass.