- 4 to 6, medium size or 2 lbs tomatoes
- 4 to 5 small cucumbers or 1 English cucumber
- 1 or 1 lb small thinly sliced onion
- 1 tablespoon of distilled white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon of fine sea salt or ¾ teaspoon of table salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- 2 tablespoons of green onion to garnish
- Slice the tomatoes and also the cucumbers into small cube-like pieces. Add some onions thinly sliced and add it to the salad bowl. Mix them well.
- Take a small ramekin and add 2 tablespoons of sunflower oil, 1 teaspoon of fine salt, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Now, stir them together to form a consistent mix. Taste the salad and add some more salt or pepper if you need.
- Prior to serving the salad on a bowl, drizzle it with salad dressing. Make sure that you do not add the dressing early on because then the tomatoes are going to leave its water and it will turn out to be soggy.
Make sure that you do not add the salt and leave the salad. This is because cucumber can leave the water and it will spoil the taste of the salad. So it is better to drizzle salt just before having the salt.
If you like your salad spicy then you can chop some green chili and add it to your cucumber and tomato salad. This will give you a spicy and tangy salad. This is great for a hot summer day.
You can keep the leftovers in the refrigerator but make sure it doesn’t contain salt. Also, it can be stored up to 24 hours and not more than that.
If you want to make it tastier, add some feta cheese to the salad. It is going to taste great.