- 1 What are the terminologies used in food preparation and cooking?
- 2 Is cool a cooking term?
- 3 What are the 10 methods of cooking?
- 4 What is the easiest cooking method?
- 5 What are basic cooking skills?
- 6 How do you present dishes attractively?
- 7 What are the five basic elements of plating?
- 8 How do you present food to the guest?
- 9 How do you present dessert attractively?
- 10 How will you present an appealing egg dish?
- 11 What are the factors to consider in plating?
- 12 Can you name of some ways in presenting egg dishes?
- 13 What safe working practices should be followed when cooking and finishing egg dishes?
- 14 What is the first thing you do when cooking?
- 15 Do and don’ts of food preparation?
What are the terminologies used in food preparation and cooking?
Is cool a cooking term?
To mix is to stir or put together more than one ingredient. This can be done by hand with a spoon or by using an electric mixer. Peel. To peel is to take off the outer covering of a food such as an apple.
What are the 10 methods of cooking?
Definition of Cool
To let food stand at room temperature until it is no longer warm to the touch.
What is the easiest cooking method?
Types of Cooking Methods. The three types of cooking methods are dry heat cooking, moist heat cooking, and combination cooking. Each of these methods uses heat to affect foods in a different way. All cooking techniques, from grilling to steaming, can be grouped under one of these three methods.
What are basic cooking skills?
The 6 Quickest (and Healthiest) Cooking Methods
- Grilling. It’s best to use this quick method of cooking only for tender cuts of meat and fish, and for shellfish.
- En papillote.
How do you present dishes attractively?
Baking. Baking may be the easiest way to cook a piece of meat or fish. All you do is set the oven to a temperature — usually under 375 — let it preheat, and then set your protein in for a set amount of time, which is typically under an hour.
What are the five basic elements of plating?
How do you present food to the guest?
The 5 basic elements of plating
- Create a framework. Start with drawings and sketches to visualise the plate.
- Keep it simple. Select one ingredient to focus on and use space to simplify the presentation.
- Balance the dish.
- Get the right portion size.
- Highlight the key ingredient.
How do you present dessert attractively?
White plates are the conventional restaurant choice thanks to the belief that most food is best shown off against the blank canvas of a white plate. Japanese restaurants often serve sushi on black platters and ice cream or fruit can look striking against the backdrop of a black bowl.
How will you present an appealing egg dish?
Guidelines in plating dessert:
- Make garnishes edible. Everything on the dessert plate should be edible and delicious.
- Keep it clean and simple. Don’t crowd the plate.
- Make your garnishes relate to the dessert on the plate.
- Layer flavors and textures in your dessert.
- Try different plates—various sizes and shapes.
What are the factors to consider in plating?
Can you name of some ways in presenting egg dishes?
What are the most important factors to be considered in plating
- The plate.
- Keep things clean.
- Garnish to impress.
What safe working practices should be followed when cooking and finishing egg dishes?
Scrambled egg and bun on a plate with cereal. Boiled eggs on white plate with garnish. Scrambled egg with herbs. Scrambled egg in Manhattan plate.
What is the first thing you do when cooking?
Thoroughly clean your hands, food areas, work surfaces, dishes, cleaning cloths and utensils after working with eggs and especially after egg spills. Serve hot dishes containing eggs straight away or cool them quickly in the fridge and keep them refrigerated until they are eaten.
Do and don’ts of food preparation?
First, you take the recipe that you intend to cook and read it thoroughly to familiarize yourself with the timing, techniques, equipment, and ingredients you will need. Second, you pull all of the necessary equipment and arrange it near your cooking station, so that it is at the ready.