- 1 How do you make cream of asparagus soup from scratch?
- 2 What can I do with the woody ends of asparagus?
- 3 What herbs do you put in asparagus soup?
- 4 Can I freeze cream of asparagus soup?
- 5 How long will cream of asparagus soup last in the fridge?
- 6 Is week old soup OK to eat?
- 7 Can I leave hot soup out overnight to cool?
- 8 Can you freeze a cream soup?
- 9 Can I freeze milk based soup?
- 10 Can you freeze soup made with half and half?
- 11 What is the best way to freeze soup?
How do you make cream of asparagus soup from scratch?
- In a large saucepan, combine asparagus, chopped onion, and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- In the same saucepan, melt the butter over medium-low heat. Stir in the flour, salt, and pepper.
- Put the sour cream in a small bowl, and stir in a ladleful of the hot soup.
What can I do with the woody ends of asparagus?
The best way to judge where to cut off the stalk is by tasting it. Cut off the very end, taste, and if it is fibrous, cut off a little more and try again. When you find the point where it becomes tender, cut the bunch and save the ends to make asparagus stalk soup.
What herbs do you put in asparagus soup?
Increase heat to medium-high and stir in asparagus and peas; simmer, covered, stirring 2 or 3 times, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in 1 tablespoon chives, parsley, dill and chopped chervil (or parsley). Transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
Can I freeze cream of asparagus soup?
Asparagus soup is cream based and cream-based soups don’t freeze well so if you’re going to freeze this soup, freeze a portion before adding the cream! Simply defrost, reheat and add a splash of cream before serving.
How long will cream of asparagus soup last in the fridge?
Cream of asparagus soup that has been continuously refrigerated will keep for about 3 to 4 days.
Is week old soup OK to eat?
Quiz: How long do leftovers keep in the refrigerator? Although one to two weeks may seem like a reasonable response, the answer is B. Most leftovers, such as cooked beef, pork, seafood or chicken, chili, soups, pizza, casseroles and stew can be safely kept for three to four days.
Can I leave hot soup out overnight to cool?
Soup Left Out Overnight: Is It Still Safe to Eat? According the expert McGee consulted, soup or stock left to cool overnight, then reboiled for 10 minutes and properly refrigerated in the morning is still safe to eat because it isn’t cool long enough for the bacteria to germinate and reproduce up to dangerous levels.
Can you freeze a cream soup?
Just like any type of soups, you can freeze cream soup. However, cream soups have higher chances of flavor and texture changes when frozen and defrosted. The ingredients could clump together, the base could turn runny, and the original flavor might not be the same.
Can I freeze milk based soup?
Unfortunately, dairy-based soups generally don’t freeze well—including broccoli cheese soup. The texture can separate or become grainy. If you really want to freeze broccoli cheese soup, avoid bringing it to a boil after freezing, and stir in fresh milk or sour cream.
Can you freeze soup made with half and half?
But soups like this Creamy Broccoli-Cheese Soup will separate when frozen and aren’t apt to gracefully reintegrate when reheated. Consider freezing the soup pre-blending, and blending a portion once reheated.
What is the best way to freeze soup?
The best way to freeze soup is by first letting it cool in an ice bath. Next, you pour it into a zip-top plastic freezer bag and then simply lay it flat in the freezer.