- 1 Why is it called Watergate salad?
- 2 What do you use marshmallow fluff for?
- 3 Why is pistachio pudding green?
- 4 Why Pistachios are bad for you?
- 5 What is the flavor of pistachio pudding?
- 6 Why is pistachio pudding so good?
- 7 Why is pistachio ice cream a thing?
- 8 Why is pistachio flavor Almond?
- 9 Why does pistachio ice cream taste like cherry?
Why is it called Watergate salad?
Before the Watergate salad, there was the Watergate cake, a similarly green-hued dessert made with pistachio pudding in the mix and sometimes in the icing. The Watergate salad likely took on its name because it was so similar to the cake.
What do you use marshmallow fluff for?
6 Ways to Use Marshmallow Fluff (Besides Fluffernutters)
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Cream Filling. These moist chocolate cupcakes are filled with butter-enriched Marshmallow Fluff.
- Molten Chocolate Cake with Marshmallow Filling.
- Sweet-Potato Waffles with Fluff.
- Peanut Butter Pound Cake S’mores.
- Red Velvet Spider Web Cupcakes.
- Whoopie Pies.
Why is pistachio pudding green?
Why is pistachio pudding green? Pistachio nuts have a green color to them, which is why the pudding (and this salad) have a light green hue to them. And because the pudding make probably chose that color.
Why Pistachios are bad for you?
On the one hand, nuts are high in fat and calories and have a reputation for causing weight gain. Just a half cup of shelled pistachios with no salt added has 170 calories, 13 grams of fat, and 1.5 grams of saturated fat. At only four calories each, pistachios are a relatively low-calorie snack.
What is the flavor of pistachio pudding?
For one thing, it’s made from actual pistachios. This pudding is smooth and creamy, and intensely nutty. During the course of things it looses it’s subtly green hue, and turns a rather unattractive brown color.
Why is pistachio pudding so good?
If you have to prepare something sweet instantly, Jell-O Pistachio flavored pudding is the best, with a deep rich Pistachio flavor. It cures the craving for a dessert in an instant. Its rich flavor and creamy texture will make you & your guests miss your grandma’s homemade pudding.
Why is pistachio ice cream a thing?
Pistachio ice cream, Gelato, pudding, cake, and cookies are flavored with bitter almond extract. It’s used to mimic and “boost” the natural pistachio flavor. It’s a trend that could be easily stopped if one were to just create a pistachio extract.
Why is pistachio flavor Almond?
Almond extract comes from bitter almonds, and the ones you eat are sweet almonds. The chemical that gives almond extract (and pistachio flavoring) its characteristic flavor is benzaldehyde.
Why does pistachio ice cream taste like cherry?
Here’s a guess: most low-quality pistachio ice cream is made with almond extract, because pistachio paste is expensive (whether you buy it or make it) and pistachio extract is uncommon. Almond extract can taste like cherries, possibly because there are some shared aromatic flavor compounds between almonds and cherries.