How do you make banana pudding from scratch?
- In medium saucepan combine sugar, flour, and salt. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Chill at least one hour in refrigerator before serving.
How do you make Paula Deen’s Banana Pudding?
- Line the bottom of a 13×9 baking dish with one package of chessmen cookies. Top with sliced bananas.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Add in pudding mix and milk.
- Fold in cool whip and spread over banana layer.
- Top with remaining package of chessmen cookies.
How do you make homemade pudding from scratch?
- In a 2 quart saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt. Slowly stir in milk. Bring to a boil, and cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens.
- Pour hot pudding into dessert glasses or molds that have been rinsed in cold water. Chill until firm. Unmold if desired.
Can you thicken pudding?
To thicken instant pudding with cornstarch, make a slurry by mixing equal parts cornstarch and water, heat the instant pudding, and then whisk in the cornstarch mixture. The reason for making a slurry first rather than adding powdered cornstarch straight to the pudding is to prevent clumping.
How do you thicken instant banana pudding?
Sweetened Condensed Milk: Sweetened condensed milk adds a delicious honey flavor and is one of the key ingredients to thicken up the banana pudding. Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix: Be sure to choose instant vanilla pudding and not cooked.