- 1 What meats go good with sweet potatoes?
- 2 How do you keep mash from sinking in shepherd’s pie?
- 3 Why does my sweet potato pie fall apart?
- 4 Can sweet potato pie sit out overnight?
- 5 Should sweet potato pie be jiggly?
- 6 How do you make sweet potato pie from scratch?
- 7 How do you tell if you’re sweet potato pie is done?
- 8 Should I refrigerate my sweet potato pie?
What meats go good with sweet potatoes?
Most people pair poultry and sweet potatoes. A roast turkey or chicken flavored with rosemary, thyme and sage pairs well with baked sweet potatoes and their caramelized crust.
How do you keep mash from sinking in shepherd’s pie?
To get really smooth, creamy mash, use a potato ricer or sieve. To stop the mash sinking into the filling, allow the meat to cool before topping with the mashed potato.
Why does my sweet potato pie fall apart?
Just as cookies are overdone if they look done in the oven, sweet potato pie should not look done in the oven. The center of the pie should have some jiggle to it. The reason for this is carryover heat. It takes time for the pie to cool down to the point where it is no longer going up in temperature.
Can sweet potato pie sit out overnight?
You sure can. If you are preparing this sweet potato pie a day in advance, you can keep it out at room temperature and covered loosely with foil. If you are making the pie more than a day in advance, cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Should sweet potato pie be jiggly?
The center of the pie should have some give; it should jiggle slightly in the center. The pie has an internal temperature of 175°F on an instant-read thermometer when done. If you don’t want to take the temperature, a knife inserted into the edge of the filling should come out moist but clean.
How do you make sweet potato pie from scratch?
- Boil sweet potato whole in skin for 40 to 50 minutes, or until done. Run cold water over the sweet potato, and remove the skin.
- Break apart sweet potato in a bowl.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 55 to 60 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
How do you tell if you’re sweet potato pie is done?
How to tell when sweet potato pie is done? The pie is done once the filling has become firm around the outer edges but is still jiggly in the center. It will continue to set and firm up as it cools.
Should I refrigerate my sweet potato pie?
After baking, pie should be left at room temperature as the cooling process normally takes 2-4 hours. Within 4 hours, the pie should then be placed in the refrigerator. Cover loosely with plastic wrap until serving. Pie may be refrigerated for 2-3 days.