- 1 How do you make apple pie moonshine from scratch?
- 2 How long does homemade apple pie moonshine last?
- 3 Does Apple Pie Moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
- 4 How do you store apple pie moonshine?
- 5 Is Everclear moonshine?
- 6 Does homemade apple pie moonshine go bad?
- 7 Is 200 proof alcohol possible?
- 8 Can Apple Pie Moonshine be at room temperature?
- 9 How can you tell if moonshine is good?
How do you make apple pie moonshine from scratch?
- Combine apple juice, apple cider, white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon sticks in a large pot; bring to almost a boil. Cover pot with a lid, reduce heat, and simmer for about 1 hour.
- Stir grain alcohol and vodka into syrup and remove cinnamon sticks. Pour apple pie moonshine into clean glass jars or bottles.
How long does homemade apple pie moonshine last?
How long does flavored moonshine last? If you can and seal them, the should last up to two years. Once you open them, I’d say about 3 months in the refrigerator.
Does Apple Pie Moonshine get stronger the longer it sits?
You simply made a mixed drink, which is about 8% alcohol. 10+% is needed for longer shelf life, at 8% it can spoil. It will also not improve much with age with that low alcohol. Just drink it.
How do you store apple pie moonshine?
Place a cinnamon stick in each sterile Mason jar and pour into jars. Tightly secure with lids and refrigerate. Tip: This apple pie moonshine tastes better with age and can be refrigerated for up to 6 months.
Is Everclear moonshine?
Both Everclear and Moonshine are unaged spirits; however, Everclear is made from grain and Moonshine from corn. Moonshine is a general term used to describe illegally produced corn whiskey. In summary, Everclear is intended to be water and pure ethanol with no flavor contribution.
Does homemade apple pie moonshine go bad?
As one of the strongest alcoholic beverages, moonshine does not expire, though light, heat, and air can change the characteristics of an opened bottle over time. Flavored moonshine, which contains sugar, is less shelf-stable but can last several years after opening.
Is 200 proof alcohol possible?
Yes, we can manufacture 200 proof (100% alcohol molecules) but it has to be stored in a sealed container. If 200 proof alcohol is exposed to the air it will “suck up” humidity out of the air and quickly be less that 200 proof. So you really can’t sit there with a glass with 200 proof alcohol in it.
Can Apple Pie Moonshine be at room temperature?
Can Apple Pie Moonshine be at room temperature? Store the moonshine in covered mason jars or bottles at room temperature or in the refrigerator. The higher proof versions will stay good for a few years. The 38 proof one should be consumed in 2-3 months.