- 1 Is Betty Crocker cake mix dairy free?
- 2 Are Duncan Hines cake mixes dairy free?
- 3 How can I flavor a cake without vanilla?
- 4 Can you skip vanilla extract in a recipe?
- 5 How do you make homemade vanilla?
- 6 How do you make high quality vanilla extract?
- 7 Can you get drunk off vanilla extract?
- 8 Is homemade vanilla extract better?
- 9 Why is vanilla so expensive 2020?
Is Betty Crocker cake mix dairy free?
Several of their cake mixes are made without dairy ingredients. But they are certified Kosher Dairy (for shared equipment), and might be at higher risk for cross-contamination with milk than some other brands.
Are Duncan Hines cake mixes dairy free?
How can I flavor a cake without vanilla?
- Maple Syrup. My go-to substitute for vanilla extract is maple syrup.
- Almond Extract. Almond extract is significantly more potent than vanilla, but it will provide a similar flavor profile if you use it sparingly.
- Bourbon, Brandy or Rum.
- Other Spices.
- Instant Coffee or Espresso Powder.
- Citrus Zest.
Can you skip vanilla extract in a recipe?
If you don’t have any of the substitutions on hand, you can simply leave out the vanilla extract and continue with your recipe. As long as vanilla isn’t a star ingredient, there shouldn’t be much difference in taste.
How do you make homemade vanilla?
- Open the vanilla beans. Use a paring knife to carefully split each vanilla bean down the middle lengthwise, cutting halfway through the bean so that the seeds are exposed.
- Combine ingredients in a jar. Place the vanilla beans in a glass jar or small bottle.
- Use and enjoy.