- 2.5 cups milk
- 3 cups mango puree
- ¼ cup sugar
- Pinch of saffron
- 12-15 pistachios, coarsely grounded
- 2-3 tbsp cashew paste
- 3 tbsp rice flour
- 5 tbsp milk
This summer season there can be nothing better than eating this cool and sweet mango kulfi. You can serve this cold dessert either after lunch or dinner or you can have this with your family whenever you want to.
- Start by taking a pan and putting in the milk in it. Bring it to a boil and then add saffron to it as it will give a really nice color when added at this stage.
- Now simmer it for 15-20 minutes on low flame with a lid covering the pan. Now add sugar to the milk, and stir it till it is nicely melted. Now take your rice flour and mix it in the 5 tbsp of warm milk and incorporate nicely.
- Now add this mixture to the milk and stir really well. This will thicken up your mixture really fast without any change in its flavor. Now add in the mango puree and this time use a whisker to combine it properly. Stir it for five minutes and then add in the pistachios.
- Mix well. Then finally add in the cashew paste. Make sure they are well incorporated.
- Now turn the flame off. Pour the mango mixture into the kulfi molds and keep them in the freezer for 25 minutes. Take them out and remove the kulfi from the mold onto the plate and serve cold.
Do not forget to stir the mixture, if not stirred continuously, it will stick and burn to the bottom of the pan, giving a bad odor.