- Water or chicken stock ¼ cup
- Soy sauce ¼ cup
- Honey ¼ cup
- Sesame oil 1 tbsp
- Red pepper flakes ½ tsp
- Cornstarch 1 tsp
- Rice, uncooked ¾ cup
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Broccoli, chopped 3 cups, cut it into small pieces
- Snap peas 3 cups chopped in small pieces
- Chicken breast, chopped in pieces 3 large size
- Pepper and salt
- Pepper flakes, red
- Sesame seeds for garnishing
The Honey Sesame Chicken lunch bowls is a complete meal on its own. The bowl has everything, chicken breast, tossed asparagus and broccoli along with savory and sweet honey sesame sauce that is stir-fried. It is a perfect option for a healthy lunch box.
- Take honey sesame sauce ingredients. Now shake it together. Once it is mixed perfectly, keep it aside. Soak rice in water for 5 to 10 minutes and cook it the way you cook rice normally.
- Now, take a pan, keep it on the gas stove. Put a small amount of olive oil in it. Add snap pea and broccoli in the pan. Toss it to cook it nicely; the cooking time for the same should be five minute. Broccoli doesn’t take much time for cooking.
- Take another pan and add some oil in it, put the oil if you find it is necessary. Put the chicken in the pan and cook it on medium heat. Roast it till it is through, sprinkle black pepper and salt over it along with red pepper flakes.
- Put sauce in the pan and cook it for two minutes until it is thickened. Take the lunch box, put rice at a corner first. Then put the chicken in it and pour the sauce over chicken. Garnish the chicken with sesame seeds. It is optional.
- If you want to make it light, replace rice with cauliflower rice.
- You can reduce chili flakes quantity if you find a recipe more spicy.