- Tofu 250gm
- The stock of vegetable or chicken 1 cup
- Soy sauce 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce, dark 1 tsp
- Shaoxing wine or dry sherry wine 2 tbsp
- Sesame oil 1 tsp
- Sugar ½ tsp
- Vegetable oil 2 tbsp
- Garlic clove chopped 2 cloves
- Broccoli 1 pound
- Cornstarch 1 tbsp
The healthy broccoli, tofu recipe is an easy and simple recipe. You can prepare it in 10 minutes with all ingredients in hand, but it won’t seem a quick prepared recipe. This is perfect for both omnivores and vegetarians. Serve it with rice to make it a complete meal.
- Cut tofu and broccoli into small pieces. Cut broccoli into florets and tofu in equal sizes cubes and keep it aside.
- Clean broccoli and tofu before cutting. Take another bowl, add the stock, soy sauce, wine, sesame oil, dark soy sauce, sugar, whisk to mix everything evenly and keep it aside.
- Take a pan with a thick bottom and heat oil in it. Add crushed garlic and saute it on medium or low heat to avoid burning.
- Now add broccoli in the pan and stir fry it over a high flame. Cook it for 2-3 minutes. You have to cook broccoli till it turns a dark green color.
- Add vegetable or chicken in the pan, followed by the tofu. Gently toss everything to mix it well. Simmer the gas and allow everything to cook.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch in two spoon water. Put cornstarch in the prepared mix and toss everything. Allow everything to cook for 2 minutes at low flame. When the sauce thickens, remove the curry from gas. Serve it in a bowl with hot boiled rice.
- Use fresh broccoli for great taste.
- You can add corn, peas and other veggies for adding taste in the curry.