To Make Stir-Fry Sauce
- 2 and ½ cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, light
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, dark
- 2 tablespoons of rice wine or Shaoxing wine
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of five spice powder
To Make the Meat
- 12 ounces of flank steak, each sliced to a thickness of 1/4th inches
- ¾th cup of stir-fry sauce and 2 tablespoons additionally
- 4 to 5 cups of broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- A ¼th teaspoon of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- Make the stir fry sauce. To start, take a jar with an airtight lid. In this combine corn-starch, sugar and water. Shake the jar well. Then add on the rest of the sauce ingredients. Shake well and keep aside.
- Prepare the meat. Combine the sliced meat pieces with a teaspoon of oil and stir fry sauce. Set it aside.
- Prepare the broccoli. Boil the water and put in the broccoli in it. Allow to blanch and then drain off the water.
- Cook the meat. Take a wok and heat it to high heat. When it is smoking add on two tablespoons of oil. Sear the meat in the wok till it becomes brown. Remove and set aside from the pan.
- The final sauce and meat. A tablespoon of oil needs to the added to the pan to which you add the ginger and garlic. Sauté the same and add in the broccoli florets. Once the broccoli has been tossed with the spices add on the stir fry sauce and mix it well. Add the meat back on the pan and allow it to cook on high heat. This will ensure that the sauce thickens and coats the vegetables and meat.
- The stir fry sauce can be used for more dishes and stored in the refrigerator.
- Allow the sauce mixture to come to room temperature before cooking.