- About 3 pounds of ground chuck
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes, 28 oz
- 1 can of tomato paste, 6 oz
- 2 cans of pinto beans, 15 oz
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 bottled beer, 12 oz
- 4 tablespoon olive or cooking oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 8 large cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon ground cumin seeds
- ½ cup chili powder
This is one of the classic traditional recipes for a big crowd. Once in a while when the whole family is together, you can prepare it just under an hour and have a blast. It can be crowned as a crowd-pleasing tailgate recipe as well, without a doubt.
- Bring a large skillet. Heat the oil properly and then add onion and garlic. Cook till 5 minutes when they turn a nice brown. Now add the beef and continue cooking till it gets tender. It can take about 10 minutes or so.
- Add spices. Add the thyme, cumin, paste, chili powder and continue cooking in the same skillet. Keep stirring at an interval of 2 minutes for like twice.
- Add veggies. Now, add the beans, tomatoes, and broth. Increase the heat to high and continue cooking and bring it to boil. Then, reduce heat and let it simmer for like 30 minutes or so. The dish is ready to be served.
You can notice the beef starts to crumble when done.