- Grounded beef (1 lb)
- Sausages that are Italian (1 lb)
- Cheese that is Parmesan (fresh and grated, ½ cup)
- Dried crumbs of bread (¼ cup)
- Yellow onions that are chopped (½ cup)
- Basil (chopped, ¼ cup)
- Minced cloves of garlic (4)
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Grounded black pepper (¼ tablespoon)
- Large sized beaten egg (1)
- Milk (2 tablespoons)
- Ketchup (32 oz)
This is an awesome recipe where the mix of beef and pork results in a delicious set of meatballs. An easy and tasty dish you can easily serve at lunch.
- Heat the oven at 457°F beforehand. Mix all the given ingredients in a large sized bowl using your hands. Ensure the ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Now take the meat and roll it into meatballs. Take these meatballs and bake it in the oven for about 10 minutes on both sides. Soon, the meatballs will attain a brown shade.
- Now you need to take your meatballs out of the oven and place on the stovetop. Now heat the stove on a simmer or low flame and add ketchup to the pan. You can also add veggies like corn, bell pepper, mushroom etc. Add a little salt and grounded black pepper to season the gravy.
- Now gently add the meatballs to this gravy and cook them on a low flame. You will need to cook the meatballs for a minimum of 20 minutes. In case you wish to have really soft meatballs, let the meatballs cook for as much as 2 hours. Once cooked, season these meatballs with fresh basil.
- You can use any type of beef in this dish. Sirloin is also a nice choice.
- You can adjust the size of the meatballs. In this dish the size of the meatballs measured 1/8 cup.
- Do not overmix the mix in Step 1.
- Do not preserve the meatballs more than 4 hours.