- 50 to 60 maraschino cherries with stems
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups of sugar powder
- 1 pound of chocolate for coating
This is a simple dessert or candy can be made at home with ease. Just stirring some ingredients and waiting for some time. No baking or cooking and you are good to go. If you love cherries, this is great.
- Dry the cherries. Once you bring a can of cherries, drain them properly. Use a paper towel to dry them afterward. Set them aside.
- Get a medium bowl. Combine the butter and corn syrup till it turns smooth. Stir the confectionaries’ sugar and continue mixing the same. Knead to make dough now.
- Refrigerate now. Cool it and refrigerate it and stiffen the dough. Now, time to wrap the cherries. Try wrapping each cherry with about once teaspoon dough. Again, refrigerate it till it turns firm.
- Get a saucepan. Melt the chocolate coating confectionary in a large saucepan. Do not forget to keep the flame at low. Dip the cherries one by one and place on a wax paper. Use the stem of the cherry to do so.
- Refrigerate again. Cool them once more. You can store them in an airtight container for up to 1 to 2 weeks.
The stem of the cherry should not be removed. It will come to use while dipping.