- 3 cups of regular flour
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup red and green cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 to 5 eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup butter
- 1 and 1/2 cup sugar powder
It is a perfect dish for Christmas. Once you are done with your dinner and all, you want something for the dessert too. What can be better than a fruit cake that you can eat the same day you make it? Partner with your girlfriend or boyfriend, and share the sweetness together this Christmas.
- Set the oven. Put the temperature to around 150 degrees C. Also, line a large 9×13 inch tray with parchment paper and non-stick spray.
- Take a bowl. Use a large bowl and add flour, eggs, baking powder and salt, and mix them well. You can also use an electric mixer. Then add the fruits one by one and continue mixing some more. Try to make it uniform.
- Take a large bowl. In another bowl, add butter, white sugar powder, and eggs. Blend them well. Next, add the fruit mixture from above to it and mix. Spread it on the tray now, ready to bake.
- Bake now. Keep the tray in the oven for up to 2 hours. Test it with a knife or spoon. All is done if it comes out clean. Cool it properly and serve cool.
You can also use almonds and cashews with walnuts. Or, you can mix them up too.
Take care for not over roast them.