For Pie’s Crust
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- Pinch of salt
- 2 to 3 cups of regular flour
For Apple Filling
- 7 to 8 large apples, your favorite type
- 3/4 cup sugar powder
- 4 tablespoons of flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 eggs
Christmas is incomplete without baking something at home. Cookies are great for that but so are apple pies. Whether family or couples, you can spend a couple of hours together and put together a nice recipe for the season. This apple pie goes well after any meal.
- Bring a large bowl. Combine the flour, butter, shortening and continue mixing it well. Add ice water if you have and mix them well. Once it holds together and is no more mist, you are good. Now, apply some flour over it, and roll it into dough. Cut and roll it flat like a pie.
- Prepare the filling. Slice the apples, and add the sugar, flour, cinnamon and mix them. Add butter and eggs and mix them well. Fill this filling into the pie and cover from sides. Set the oven temperature to 180 degrees C or 350 degrees F and bake it for around 40 minutes to see the result.
For a softer crust, add one egg or butter. Keep dough soft.
Do not overwork the dough as it can make it worse. Remember not to over-bake because the apples will turn mushy.