- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 to 2 eggs
- 3 cups of sugar powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Christmas is not done without making or baking something at home. Cookies are great for that. Whether family or couples, baking from scratch is fun and putting 2 to 3 hours into a nice dish is going to be a really great way to start the festive season too.
- Get a large bowl. Combine the butter and sugar nicely in a bowl. Use an electric mixer if you want. Then, add the eggs, vanilla, and continue beating till its fine. It should look creamy by now.
- Add flour. Add flour little by little and continue mixing. Add the dry ingredients now one by one and continue mixing either by hand or electric mixer. The dough should be well made by now.
- Cut cookies. Place a plastic sheet, and refrigerate it for some hours. Take it out and roll the dough into thin sheets. Cut the cookies using different shapes from it. Bake them at 350 degrees for 9 to 10 minutes.
- Prepare the frosting now. Add 2 tablespoons of milk, the sugar, vanilla extract, and combine them well. It should be creamy. Add different colors like green for the Christmas tree and use them.
It is advised to use all-purpose flour only. For softer cookies, add one more egg.
Take care, not to over bake and burn them.