For Italian Roulade
- 6 strips of bacon
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 beef flank steak
- 3 sliced hard-boiled eggs
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup of freshly minced parsley and more for garnishing
- 3 jars of meatless pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Cooked hot spaghetti
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Take a microwave safe plate, line it with paper towels, and place the bacon strips on it. Now, cover it using some additional paper towels. Microwave the strips for 3-5 minutes on high power until it is cooked partially. However, it should not be crisp. Take a bowl, mix garlic, the Italian seasoning, pepper, and salt.
- Cut the steak in half in a horizontal manner, starting from the long side. It should be within a ½ inch of the opposite side. Open up the steal and cover it using a plastic wrap. Pound it using a meat mallet for getting a thickness of ¼ inch. Then remove the plastic.
- Take the garlic mix and spread it out over the steak. Add cheese and layer it up with bacon and eggs within 1 inch. Sprinkle fresh parsley. Roll up the steak starting from the long side. Tie it up in every 1 ½ inch intervals using kitchen string. Heat oil in Dutch oven on medium flame. Brown the roulade on each side. Add the pasta sauce and bake for 1 ½ hour or till the meat is tender enough.
- Take out the roulade from the pot. Get rid of the strings and cut them in slices. Serve the roulade with hot cooked spaghetti. Garnish with fresh parsley.
- If you do not want to have pasta then you can have a fresh salad with the roulade.
- Garnish it with lime wedges and oregano if you want.