- 1 cup of broccoli florets
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 chopped scallions with white and green parts
- 8 button mushrooms stemmed
- ¼ cup of canola oil
- ¼ cup tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of sriracha sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 packets of tofu
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon of grated ginger
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Cooked rice
- Start with the sauce. Take a small bowl and mix the rice vinegar, tamari or soy sauce, sriracha sauce, maple syrup, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Keep it aside.
- Prepare the stir-fry. Put the cornstarch in a medium-size bowl. Put in the cubes of tofu and mix a few times to coat the tofu in cornstarch. Let the tofu sit in the cornstarch for some time.
- Take a large skillet and coat it using canola oil. Place the skillet on medium-low flame. When the oil heats up, add the stemmed mushroom in one layer. Cook them for 5 minutes or till they start browning. Flip it and cook the other side of the mushroom. Once it is properly cooked on both sides, remove it from the skillet and transfer this on a plate.
- Coat the skillet using canola oil once again and put it on medium to high flame. Take out the cubes of tofu from the cornstarch and shake of the excess cornstarch. Add the cubes to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes. Flip it 2 to 3 times to brown it on both sides. Once the tofu is cooked, remove it and keep it over a paper-towel.
- Add a dash of oil to the skillet and keep it on high heat. Add the white scallion and the carrots. Stir-fry for a minute and add the florets of broccoli. Continue frying till the vegetables are tender or for 3 minutes.
- Add sauce to the skillet and cook till it has become thick for one to two minutes. Add the green scallions along with the mushroom and tofu. Flip it few times so that everything is coated in the sauce.
- Divide in it plates. Serve it hot with rice and toasted sesame seeds.
NOTES – Feel free to add in your preferred vegetables.