- 3 + 1/2 cup of Gold Medal Flour
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon1 and 1/2 cups of butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons of molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water or milk, if possible
- 1 teaspoon of ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of powder cloves
- Sat, 1/2 teaspoon
If it is Christmas then you have to prepare some cookies from scratch. Otherwise, it is not a good deal at all. Christmas is for all and everybody, whether family or couples and putting 2 to 3 hours into a nice dish is going to be a really great way to start the festive season.
- Bring a large bowl. Add the molasses, sugar, and butter in a large bowl and mix it properly. Use an electric mixer or a spoon, as per your convenience. Beat the eggs into the mixture and continue blending it.
- Add soda. Once done, add the baking soda and flour to the mixture. This is the main ingredient of the cookies, the Gold Medal flour. Add the ginger, cardamom, salt, and cloves and continue mixing it. Refrigerate it for 2 to 3 hours if possible, 1 hr at least.
- Keep oven ready. Set temperature to 350 degrees F, and prepare the doughs. Roll the dough, cut it into halves. Sprinkle the sugar and cut the dough in the shape of gingerbread using a cutter. Bake them for 6 to 7 minutes each tray.
It is advised to use Gold Medal Flour only for the best results.