- 1 bundle of fresh thyme
- 2 cups of heavy cream
- Kosher Salt
- 3 cloves of smashed garlic
- Pinch of Cayenne
- 2 pounds of peeled and thinly sliced turnips
- 1 pound of peeled and thinly sliced sweet potatoes
- ½ stick butter and more for greasing
- 1 ½ cups of grated Parmigiana – Reggiano
Bobby Flay is an American chef specializing in Mexican and Southwest cooking styles. The sweet potato turnip gratin is a delicious dish from Bobby Flay and pals’ Christmas collection. It is the perfect dish for family Christmas gatherings.
- Firstly, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the garlic cloves, cream, thyme, cayenne with salt in a saucepan. Bring the mixture to boil and turn the heat off and after that let the mixture steep for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Layer the baking dish with 1/3 of the sliced turnips after greasing the dish. Take 1/6 of the grated cheese and dust it over the mixture also take 1/6 of butter to scatter over the mixture.
- Pour in 1/6 of the cream into the turnip after removing thyme and garlic from it. Create 5 more layers of turnip and sweet potato.
- Place the dish on a baking sheet and bake it for 30 – 45 minutes after covering it with a foil. Then bake it again for 20 more minutes, till it cooks well and turn golden brown. Let the dish rest for 20 minutes and serve.
Use a Mandolin for slicing turnips and sweet potatoes very thinly.
Don’t over bake the dish, only till a fork slide in and out it.