- 3 medium size golden potato with skin
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Parsley to garnish
- Old Bay
- The first thing that you need to do is freeze the slices of bacon. This is because it makes it easier to chop the bacon when you will be preparing the dish. Now, take potatoes and wash them properly. Cut them without peeling in medium dice size. This should be square pieces. If you have prevented the potatoes from browning, take a bowl filled with water and add the cut pieces of potatoes in it.
- Meanwhile, take a large size skillet and put it on high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the skillet. Tilt it for making the oil spread evenly on the surface. This will keep your potatoes from sticking to the surface of the pan. Allow the oil to warm up properly, then drain the potatoes from the bowl and add to your hot skillet. Now, it is time to season the potatoes. Add pepper, salt, and Old Bay. Cook the potatoes and stir in between to make sure that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the skillet. Cook it till it is brown or for 10 minutes. If you notice that the potatoes are too dry then add one more spoon of olive oil.
- Chop up the bacon and add to the potatoes in the skillet. You will notice that the bacon will start rendering and the fat is going to cook potatoes properly. Toss them so that the flavor is incorporated. It is going to take around 5-6 for the potatoes to become crisp enough. As the bacon is cooked and crisp, reduce the flame on the skillet. Add minced garlic to the potatoes and bacon. Put some fresh or dried parsley and mix well. This is going to leave a great aroma. Make sure that you control the heat as per requirement. Allow the garlic to cook till it is fragrant enough. This will take around one minute.
- Before you serve the potatoes, add some maple syrup and toss it properly to incorporate the flavor. Cook it for another minute to get the caramelized effect on the potato. Serve the potato in a bowl with egg, sunny side up topped with fresh thyme.
- You can augment the number of potatoes but you will have to alter the amount for the other ingredients. Again, if you like turkey bacon more the make sure that you add a little more oil while cooking the bacon.
- You can also use red potatoes instead of the russet potatoes. This too has to be cooked with skin on.
- Store the potatoes in an airtight container if you have to and microwave it when you want to eat.