- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ½ cup of cold butter
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 3-5 tablespoons of ice water
For the Filling
- 12 strips of cooked bacon
- ½ cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- ½ cup of cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup of finely chopped onion
- 4 large size onions
- 2 cups of whipping cream
- ¾ teaspoons of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sugar
- Take a mixing bowl and add flour and salt. Mix it till it combines properly. Add the ice-water gradually to the flour mix. Toss the mix till you see the dough holding together. Wrap it in the plastic and put it in the refrigerator. Let it rest of 1 hour.
- Set your oven to 450 degrees and allow it to pre-heat. On a flat surface, pour some flour and roll out the dough. It should be around 1/8 inches in thickness. Thereafter, transfer this to a 9inch pie plate. Now trim ½ inches pastry to the plate rims and the fluted edge. The unpricked pastry shell has to be lined with foil with double thickness. Bake the pastry for five minutes and take out the foil. Take it out of the oven and allow it to rest on a cooling rack. In the meantime heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Put cheeses, bacon, and onion on the crust. Mix it till it has blended properly. Now, pour it over the baked crust. Put it in the oven for 35 minutes or till an inserted knife comes out clean. Allow it to stand for 10 prior to cutting.
- Aluminum foil keeps the quiche crust moist and cooks it evenly.