- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 2 diced bell peppers
- 1 ½ diced onions
- 2 teaspoons of harissa paste
- 5 cloves of thinly sliced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoon of paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 3 cups of diced tomatoes
- Sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of red wine vinegar
- ¼ cups of feta or goat cheese
- ½ teaspoon of freshly grounded pepper
- Finely chopped parsley
- Take a large skillet and put it on high flame. Add olive oil and allow it to warm up. Now, add onion. Stir it while it cooks. Keep cooking for 10 minutes or till it is brown in color. Add bell pepper to the skillet and cook for 10 minutes more while you reduce the flame to medium. Add minced garlic and cook for another minute.
- It is time to add cumin, harissa, and turmeric to the pan and add for another minute. Add fresh and crushed tomatoes, sea salt, red wine vinegar, pepper. Keep stirring till everything has incorporated properly. Allow it to cook for twenty minutes or till the sauce is thick enough. Add feta or goat cheese and mix it again. Take it out of the heat.
- Set the oven to 350 degree and pre-heat. Make eight holes in the tomato sauce and add one egg to each by cracking them. Place the skillet in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Keep a watch on the eggs. If they are undercooked, bake it for another 2-3 minutes. Check the yolk by touching the yolk top. The yolk has to be soft. When it is done, take it out of the oven and top it up with parsley.
- If you are not comfortable cracking the egg directly to the sauce, crack it in a bowl and then pour over a hole.