For Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
- 1 red fresh onion, properly diced
- 1 large sized sweet potato, make sure that it is properly and evenly diced and peeled
- Non-stick spray, as per requirement
- 2 teaspoons of finely chopped fresh and pure rosemary
- 1 teaspoon powder extracted from fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin oil of olive
- 2 cups of shredded fresh sprouts of Brussels
- Pure salt of kosher and freshly obtained black pepper (ground)
- Chips of tortilla, as per requirement
- 1 cup full of shredded cheese (white cheddar)
- ¾ cup of properly prepared sauce of cranberry
- Fresh parsley, for the purpose of serving
- 8 ounces of brie cheese, make sure that it is thinly sliced
Make the Brussel Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- Preheat the oven. Before you move on to further process for making your dish. Don’t forget to pick a properly working oven. After picking the oven, preheat it to a temperature to 400 degrees F (204 degree Celsius). Preheating the oven can save your valuable time. While preheating it, make sure that it does not get overheated. Otherwise, it will result in the overcooking of the dish, which will ultimately alter the taste of the dish. And don’t forget to lightly and gently grease a sheet of baking with a good non-stick spray.
- Spread the ingredients. Now, spread the 1 red fresh onion and 1 large sized sweet potato on the sheet of baking which was earlier greased by you. And now, drizzle it evenly and properly with the fresh oil of olive. And then, toss it properly with the powder of garlic and fresh & pure rosemary. After this season it with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Roast it. After spreading the ingredients properly and evenly, it is high time to roast them. So, roast it until the fresh large sweet potatoes are tender and started turning to brown color. Roast them, for a time duration of about 12 to 15 minutes. Thereafter, add the shredded sprouts of Brussels to the sheet of baking. And, now toss them well to combine all the ingredients. Then, return and place the sheet of baking to the oven. Place it there until the vegetables turn completely golden brown in color. That is, for a further time period of 7 to 10 minutes.
Make the Nachos
- Arrange the chips. Once you are done with required Brussel sprouts and the sweet potatoes. Move on for making the nachos required for the dish. So first of all, arrange all the chips of tortilla in an even and proper layer in a large sized skillet. Now, dollop 3 quarters of the sauce of cranberry all over the chips of tortilla. Then, top it with 3 quarters of the fresh vegetables. And now, arrange the white colored cheddar and brie in an even and proper layer on the top of it. Then, finish it with a layer of the rest of the sauce of cranberry and the mixture of vegetable.
- Transfer the skillet. Now, transfer the skillet to your oven. And bake it properly until the cheeses are completely melted. Bake them for a time duration of 15 to 18 minutes. Now, remove the skillet from your oven. And the dish is ready. So serve it immediately. Try to serve it when it is warm as the warmness will preserve its taste.
- You can garnish the dish before serving it with the parsley and freshly obtained ground black pepper.
- You can also top these cranberry and nachos with the leftover shredded Turkey.