- An all-purpose flour, only for rolling
- 1 rounded shape cheese of brie (9 to 12 ounces, 6 to 7 inch of diameter)
- 1 large sized white fresh egg, properly beaten
- 1 sheet of properly puffed pastry, it should also be thawed
- Some slices of baguette or crackers, for the purpose of serving
- Preheat the oven. First of all, preheat the oven to a temperature of 400 degrees Fahrenheit. And meanwhile, arrange a rack in the center of the picked oven. Preheating the oven can save a lot of your valuable time. Make sure that the oven should not get overheated; otherwise, it may overcook the dish later. Now properly sheet of baking with some parchment and after that set it aside. Or you can also bake your brie in a plate of pie.
- Roll out the puffed pastry. Now, dust a surface of work with a little amount of fresh flour. Thereafter, unwrap all the puffed pastry and then place it over the flour. Then, coat of pin of rolling with a small amount of flour. And then, roll out the puffed pastry into a square of size 11- inch and it should be rough. You don’t really need a ruler to measure it, just have an estimate.
- Wrap the brie in the puffed pastry. Now, place the given round of your brie in the center of the puffed pastry in a proper manner. Then, top it with any type of desired extra toppings, if you are using any. Now, fold all the corners on the brie in such a manner that a neat package is formed. And, use your bare hands to lightly press the edges against the fresh brie. And the sides should be neatening up.
- Transfer the brie to the sheet of baking or plate of pie. Now, place the properly wrapped brie to the picked sheet of baking or the plate of pie. If the pastry is not cool and has become warm while touching it. So to make it cool, place it in a refrigerator for a time duration of 10 minutes. Or place it until it is ready to bake and get served.
- Brush with large sized egg. Now, brush the puffed pastry over the entire portion of the beaten egg. But be sure to get all the sides and all around the folds. Make sure that the egg does not get puddle under brie.
- Bake it. Now, bake the pastry after brushing it with egg. And bake it until the color of pastry turns to deep golden brown color. Bake it for a time duration of 35 – 40 minutes. Thereafter, set it aside from baking and let it cool for a time duration of 5 to 10 minutes. This much time will give the cheese enough time to firm it up a bit. Now, cut it into the brie a bit early. And most of it will also gush right out. It will still remain delicious but will be less tidy.
- Transfer to platter. Now, use the paper of parchment for transferring the brie to a plate of serving. If you have baked it in a plate of pie, then serve it straight from the plate only. But make sure that the plate is cool enough to hold. Otherwise, it may burn your hand. Now, serve the dish by arranging properly sliced baguette or some crackers all around the brie. Serve it while it is warm.
- In place of the puffed pastry, you can also use the pie dough. It will be the best substitute for pastry.
- The brie can also be wrapped in pastry and thereafter keep it in the refrigerator for a day before serving or baking.
- Brush with the egg wash immediately before baking it.
- A sheet of baking or a plate of pie.