- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 10 cups of popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup light brown sugar
Caramel popcorn is the must-have when you are in to watch the favorite movie and is also one of the most social foods to have. The sweetness induced by the caramel is what makes this stand out from the others.
- Prepare popcorn. Sprinkle salt on it and then, keep it aside. Take a saucepan. Now melt around 1 cup butter. Stir the brown sugar and mixed thoroughly. Let it boil at medium heat.
- When it starts boiling properly, then, cook for 5 minutes without stirring it. Cook it in medium heat. Now, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla and stir it to mix for about 4 minutes.
- Continue allowing for it to boil for a minute or so. Then, tales baking soda and add the ½ teaspoon of it. Now, take the caramel mixture and drizzle it over the popcorn. Take a spoon and start mixing them until the kernel is totally covered with it, all over.
- Then, put the popcorn unto the cookie sheet which is covered with aluminum foil. Let the popcorn cool down. Your dish is ready to be served and tasted by food lovers.
You can use Silpat liner instead of aluminum foil. Ensure that the caramel which is used in the recipe is fresh and is not spoilt. The better quality of the caramel will ensure the better sweetness and after taste associated with this product.
There isn’t much to worry about as the recipe is very simple but you can be careful with instructions. By being careful, you must ensure that the ingredients which are mentioned above are followed in proportions and that will provide an even serving for the guests.