- 600 gm of parboiled basmati rice
- 4 tablespoon of chopped mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons of powder of coriander
- 1 tablespoon of paste of garlic
- 2 tablespoon of puree tomato
- 400 gm of sliced onion
- 8 green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 kg thighs of chicken
- 1 teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 1 tablespoon of ginger paste
- 4 green chilli
- 320 gm of chopped tomato
- 2 teaspoons of seeds of cumin
- 6 tablespoons of oil refined
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 6 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
Biryani is a standout amongst the most astonishing illustrious delights acquainted with Indians by the Mughals. From that point forward it has been much prominent and is viewed as a sumptuous treat to appreciate on uncommon events.
- In the first place, marinate the chicken, take an extensive bowl, and put some yogurt, turmeric. Powder of red chili, some salt. Mix it very well so that everything combines well then add thighs of chicken and mix it well and rub so that it gets covered with the mix, then put inside for about 30 min, in a small bowl add some milk and saffron in it and put it inside for some time.
- Now, place a pan on the medium flame and add cooking oil to it. After it is hot put seeds of cumin, cardamom and mix it for 2 min, then add chopped onions then after they cook a bit add chopped tomatoes as well as tomato puree and mix it for about 5 min.
- Next, put chopped chilies green, as well as ginger and garlic minced and cook it for a moment. Then add powder of coriander, and put the flame on medium, cook it for some time then add the chicken which is marinated and mix it for about 5 to 8 min till it absorbs all the flavors. Put the flame on medium and cook for more 6 min and turn the flame to low, spread with a cover and mix for 5 min. keep mixing continuously.
- When the chicken is cooked perfectly, off the flame. Then add the prepared rice in the pan and put it separate for some time, add the prepared milk and saffron in the rice with some garam masala, chopped leaves of mint, and chopped leaves of coriander.
- Add the remaining rice on this and embellishment with the equivalent referenced four elements. In the end, keep the flame low, and give rice enough time to cook for about 5 min. then remove it from flame and let it sit for about 10 min. Serve hot and company it with chutney or raita.
- Giving biriyani an extra dum of about 10 min to 1 hour as per your preference can add a lot of flavors to it.
- Add some saffron water on the top before cooking for enhanced aroma and flavor.
- Don’t keep the pieces of chicken too big or too small otherwise they will not cook correctly.
- Don’t add too much of masala and cardamoms as they will overpower the dish.