- 3 slices of bacon
- Skinless and boneless bite sized breast of chicken
- 1 finely chopped fresh small onion
- 1 finely diced and fresh bell pepper
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 inch of finely chopped fresh green chillies
- 5 cups of chicken broth, low-salt
- 2 cups of peeled and diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup of frozen whole sweet corn
- 1 can of creamed corn
- ½ cup of flour
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 2 cups of sharp grated cheddar cheese
- Salt as per need
An ironic corn bisque built on a base of chicken stock and half-and-half has yellow and white corn, potatoes, and shredded chicken for suppertime in a bowl.
- Heat the pan (sauce) on a flame which is medium and cook the bacon properly until it is enough crispy. Once done, take away the bacon and clean the pan by letting it drain on a portion of paper towel.
- Add chicken along with veggies like onion, potatoes, bell pepper and garlic to the bacon drippings. Cook the mixture and stir for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes so that all of the veggies become tender. Now add the corn and stir for a while.
- Take a bowl, pour the flour and add skim milk and whisk it gradually. Add this mixture to the soup and cook it on a medium flame make sure to stir it frequently in 15 minutes. Add the cheddar cheese which is grated and season with some pepper and salt. Ladle the delicious soup into bowls and add crumbled bacon for garnish.
- You may also break the tortilla chips over the portions of soup.
- Make sure no consumer is allergic to above-mentioned ingredients because precaution is always better than cure.
Make sure, the cheese used is fresh along with other ingredients.