- Skinless and boneless thighs of chicken (6)
- Oil that is divided (2 tablespoons)
- Seasoning of fajita (3 tablespoons)
- Salt (1 tablespoon)
- Garlic that is minced(1 tablespoon)
- Finely chopped onions (¾ cups)
- 8 inches flour of tortillas (6-7)
- Leftovers of rice that is Mexican (1 cup)
- Freshly grated cheese (2-3 cups)
- Sour cream
Chicken fajita quesadillas is a great party appetizer. Since the dish has an organized method of cooking, it turns out to be a simple and fun Mexican meal for every member of the house.
- Take the thighs of chicken and dice them into pieces that are small in size. This can be anywhere between ½ to ¼ inches in size. Then, add oil, seasoning of fajita, garlic that is minced and salt, all measuring up to 1 tablespoon each. Blend this whole mix and marinate it for about 15 minutes.
- Add one tablespoon of oil to a skillet and heat it. Then, add the marinated chicken to it and cook it thoroughly for about 5 minutes. Make sure that the chicken is crispy on one side. You can now add onions and some bell peppers. You need now to stir and fry them well. Heat the chicken along with this mix for about 2 minutes.
- For making quesadillas, you need to put the tortilla on a skillet with a lot of oil. Add 12 cup of filling of chicken on one of the half of the tortilla. On the top, add 2 to 3 tablespoons of rice that is Mexican along with ¾ cup of cheese that is grated. Ensure that the whole filling of chicken is covered in cheese. Now, take the other half of tortilla and place it on top of the filling. Push it downwards and let the quesadilla cook till its bottom is golden brown in shade.
- With the help of a spatula, flip given quesadilla. Then make sure to cook another side of it till it turns golden brown in shade. Cut it into two halves and serve hot with cream that is sour.
- Do not overcook the quesadillas.
- Do not preserve the dish for more than 2 hours.
- You can use mozzarella or cheddar cheese.
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise.