- Eggs (2)
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Minced garlic 4 tbsp
- Ginger grated 1 tbsp
- Chicken broth 4 cups
- Shitake mushroom 2 ounces
- Soy sauce 4 tbsp
- Yak soba 3 ounces
- Baby spinach 2 cups
- Grated carrot (1)
- Chives finely chopped 2 tbsp
These ramen noodles are a hearty meal, they can be eaten independently or they can be paired up with certain other dishes like, they can be used in Pho or you can turn them into Chow mien or you can serve it with chili chicken or chili paneer. They are great for big scale dinners.
- Firstly put the eggs in a large saucepan. Fill it with water and cook them for 8-10 minutes, they will be boiled by then, remove them from the pan and drop them into cool iced water, this will weaken their top shelf and you can easily peel them off and then halve them.
- Meanwhile, take another large saucepan and add olive oil in it. Once the oil is hot, add ginger and garlic to it and stir until they are slightly brown and you can smell their fragrance.
- Now put in the chicken broth by continuously stirring it, and bring it to a boil. Now add the spinach, carrots, and mushrooms, stir for a while and then add soy sauce. Also, add now 3 cups of water.
- Bring all of them to a boil, then cover them and let them simmer for 5 – 6 minutes. Now put in the Yak soba in the mixture until they are loosened and then cook on low flame for 3 – 4 minutes. Serve hot in a bowl and add the boiled and halved eggs on the top.
These ramen noodles, if you want to bring them a natural color and sweet fragrance, you can try adding saffron to it. It really looks and smells great with no change in the taste.