- Jalapenos 2 kg
- Oke wood (for the smoking process)
- Barbeque smoker
- Vegetable dehydrator
A chipotle chili is smoked dried jalapeno. And this is commonly made from red jalapenos, chipotles date as far back as the old times, who smoked peppers as a preservative measure because the jalapeño’s thick flesh would rot before completely air drying.
- Take 2 kg of red jalapenos, if you don’t find red you can use a green one. The process is long but not hard. First were gloves you never know how spicy a chilly can be safety first wash jalapenos. Cut the jalapenos upper part then cut into half long side. Clean all the seeds and middle parts with the help of a small spoon or a new toothbrush help you better.
- After cleaning all the jalapenos, put them on barbeque stand the hollow side down. Start your barbeque and light it with natural wood grains available in the nearest store, and arrange the stand filled with jalapenos in the barbeque and closed it for 12 hours. Open the barbeque lid to check if all the jalapenos are completely dry so you can use it or if they are not dry or crunchy, again light the barbeque and close it for 6 hours. The jalapenos must be super dry and crunchy.
You can use vegetable dehydrator too if the jalapenos and totally dry put them in the dehydrator for 5 hours and this will give you Smokey flavor and good dryness.
- Do not open barbeque frequently.
- Make sure all the jalapenos are completely dry before putting them into an airtight jar.
- Try not to burn yourself and others while checking it.
- Keep children’s away from the barbeque.