- 2 tablespoons (olive/vegetable)
- 1.5 kg boneless pork butt part, 1-inch cube cut
- 2 onion medium sliced
- 1 bottle or can beer approx. 500ml
- 5 to 7 chipotle chills
- 3 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (fresh crushed)
- Medium side pot with lit (Dutch oven)
Chipotle Pork cooked with spices and beer in this case and many more other ways to cook this, Chipotle Pork slow cooks in the oven. The results are tender, juicy, meat that retains smokiness off chipotle chills.
- Put the pot over heat over medium-high heat until very hot, about two minutes. Add oil, then put the pork in the pot carefully and cook, in batches if necessary, until gets brown to golden color it will take around 30 minutes. Transfer the pork in a bowl and put aside.
- Low down the flame add little oil if necessary. Then add onions, mix it well then Cover with tight-fitting lit and cook, stir a couple of time, until the onions are golden and slightly browned around the edges it takes around 20 minutes do not turn flame too high it might burn the onions.
- Add half cooked pork. Then beer, chipotles, adobo sauce, cumin, salt, and pepper; stir until all mixed up well. Cook over low heat cover with the lid and keep stirring in every 15 minutes, until the pork is soft and tender check it using a fork, cook about 60 to 180 minutes.
- Try to buy most meaty parts like shoulder, hips.
- Olive oil will give better results.
- Slow cooking will give better results.
- Do not open barbeque frequently.
- Make sure all the jalapenos are completely dry before putting them into an airtight jar.