- ½ kilograms semi sweet dark chocolate
- 8 cups ridged or flattened potato chips
The recipe is immensely easy to prepare and is a very quirky snack to serve either to your friends and family, or you can make this as a party snack or munchies for a movie night.
- Start by taking your half amount of total chocolate and breaking it into coarse pieces. Now take a big pan and fill it halfway with water and put it on the stove on high flame.
- Take another glass bowl and throw in your coarsely broken chocolate into it. Now once the water starts boiling, keep the glass bowl with the chocolate in the water, making it a double boiler to melt the chocolate.
- If you don’t want to use the double boiler, you can go for straight up melting it in the oven. Just make sure that whichever way you choose, it is important to keep a track of the temperature of the chocolate.
- You can use a candy thermometer for that. Sometimes it is possible that candy thermometers might not go too low in temperatures, so you can use your meat thermometer. Now, keep stirring the chocolate continuously or it forms lumps and while stirring check the temperature by dipping the tip of the thermometer in the chocolate.
- The desired temperature for the chocolate is 43 degrees Celsius or 110 degrees Fahrenheit. Once your chocolate has reached its desired temperature, remove it from the heat and add the rest of the remaining chocolate while stirring continuously.
- Do not stop stirring unless the chocolate has cooled down and reached the temperature 32 degrees Celsius or 90 degrees Fahrenheit. Just check by putting a dab of chocolate on your lower lip, if it feels cool, it means it is done.
- Now take a pair of tongs, and start dipping your chips into the chocolate. Dip only through the half of the chip and line it on a tray and let it cool. If you wish, you can refrigerate it too. And serve.
Make sure that your chocolate holds its temperature exactly if it’s not then the chocolate won’t taste good and it will be like just eating a casual bar but melted.