- 1 cup peanuts
- 2 quarts popped popcorn
- ¾ cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup butter
Chocolate popcorn is a great version for popcorn that can be eaten with friends during socializing and watching movies. The type of chocolate used in the popcorn will largely determine the taste.
- Preheat oven 250-degree F that will be 120 in C. Take a 10×15 inch baking pan and oil it on all the sides. Ensure that the baking pan is in great condition and make sure of the same.
- Take a large metal bowl and put popcorn and peanuts in it, and place aside. Add sugar, cocoa powder, corn syrup, and butter in a saucepan and stir them together at medium-high heat, boil it for 2 minutes.
- Add vanilla and stir it. Then, pour it over popcorn. Coat the popcorn by stirring it well. Take the prepared pan and spread properly.
- Bake for around 30 minutes. This will try to ensure that the baked product will be even and do not half bake or quarterback the same.
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool down. Store it in an airtight container. Ensure that the breakage into small clumps is done in a uniform manner and it must not lead to disoriented shapes of individual popcorn.
It is always advisable to use aluminum foil to retain moisture. Also, ensure that the chocolate which is used in the recipe is fresh and it is not an expired product. The fresher the chocolate, the better will be the sweetness associated with this popcorn recipe.
- Be careful while using the oven; make sure to not touch with bare hands.
- 1 cup of not-popped popcorn can yield about 2 quarts of popped popcorn.