- 500g pack sweet shortcrust pastry.
- 1 tsp cinnamon or a grating of nutmeg.
- 300 gm Jam
- Icing sugar for dusting
This mouthwatering dish can make you everybody’s favorite chef in your sweet little home, and the best part is that it is easy to prepare and you can prepare multiple at a time.
- Pre-heat oven at 180°C and put the tray inside the apparatus to heat it up. Gently dust the tray with the flour and roll out the pastry in a circle with almost 5mm thick. If you need little spicy flavor then add cinnamon or nutmeg, sprinkle it over the layer of pastry, and then roll it half and repeat the step, making another layer of about 5mm thickness.
- Press the pastry in a pie tin of 23 cm or a tart of tin, and then remover the excess edges of the pastry. You can also roll it over the edge if your tart in deep, it’s not necessary though. Spread the jam over the pastry neatly covering the surface properly.
- Dust the surface with flour and roll the remaining pastry of about 5mm thickness. Nowcut out different shapes like stars, or triangles or circles etc. now use these different shapes to decorate your tart. Place them over the layer of Jam.
- Put the tart and make sure to cook the same for around 40 minutes. Later, leave it for 15 min. to cool and sprinkle icing sugar and cinnamon (optional) at the top and serve with ice cream, custard or cream.
If the tart is supposed to be baked without any filling then prick the pastry generously with a fork. This prevents the tart from shrinking.
You might need dry flour for rolling the pastry, or else it might stick to the pin roll, so dust it a little. Also, you can use the butter sheet for rolling the pastry as it makes it easier to transfer.