- ½ cup of peeled and grated ginger
- 7 cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups of water
- 3 cloves
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 bottles white ale
This beer will keep you merry all winter and its one of the best drinks you can serve your guests and your date when they visit you in the winter. Winter ales are brewed stronger and richer which make them worth the wait. The spiced beer has always been a holiday tradition and. The best option here or the secret recipe is to let the dish cool for 5 minutes.
- Make the spiced syrup and Mix the grated ginger, water, and the cloves in a saucepan. Add 5of the cinnamon sticks into this mixture and boil it for about 10 minutes. Strain this water into a bowl and keep it aside to cool after adding honey into the mixture. Chill rapidly for best results.
- Assemble the ale and add 3 tablespoons of the above syrup into a glass of beer. Now you can also do the topping of white ale. For garnishing, you can also use a cinnamon stick. You can also make your own white ale if you have the time.
- Brewers recommend using a darker style of malt for being the base for the recipe process.
- Residual sweetness is important. Add more crystal malt to increase the sweetness and the depth of the beer.
- Strong beers age for years, so vintage dating them is a good idea.
- You can use this beer as cask ales as well.
- Don’t forget to ensure that the spices are complementary and not dominant in the beer.