- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ Sticks cold unsalted butter
- ½ cup ice water
- ¼ pound thickly sliced bacon
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 large onion
- 3 eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill
- 1 ¼ cups white cheddar cheese
- Take a bowl; add flour, salt and pepper, and mix. Take the two knives and create cuts on the butter till the time they look like tiny peas. Sprinkle some water and mix until dough becomes whole. Turn the pastry and gently do the kneading for around three times, and it must come out as a complete whole. Form the disk shape by patting the pastry, make sure to wrap it in the plastic and cool it for around an hour.
- Flour the surface and roll the part of the thing that is made. Rest the pastry into a pan of around 11 – inches. Trim the extra. Refrigerate the tart shell for 20 min.
- Preheat oven to 375 dg. Arrange the tart with aluminum foil and cover the top with the help of pie weights. Bake for 50 min. Uncover the foil and so the baking of the shell for around 25 minutes. Let it cool for 10 min.
- Cook the sliced bacon in the large skillet for 6 min. Wipe Skillet and add vegetable oil. During hot oil, onion which is sliced along with pepper. Cook at low heat. For about 8 min.
- Mic eggs in medium bowl. Add milk, crème fraiche, a little salt, and pepper. Spread the caramelized portion of the onion and bacon plus cheese Pour the custard on it.
- Now, back quiche for 35 min and let custard settle. Let the quiche cool for 15 min in the rack. Sprinkle dill on the top and unmould the quiche and serve.
You can serve it with watercress salad while doing the dressing with the extra virgin olive oil.
Be careful while using the oven; make sure to not touch with bare hands.